Using books as planners to keep yourself organised and accountable

Planners aren’t just used to see your events for the day. You can use a diary to your advantage, whether that is to keep up with a New Year’s resolution or to make sure you don’t forget to go to your dentist appointment on Friday. They’re handy books which can help you plan your holidays, keep track of your finances, or make sure you complete all your seminar reading.

This Monthly Bill planner and organiser by Jada Correia allows you to keep track of all your monthly bills and rent payments. This is really helpful if you found yourself short on money last term, forgetting that the WiFi is no longer included in the sum you pay to Warwick Accommodation at the start of each term. It has pages allowing you to keep track of your expenses, such as your food shopping or anything you might treat yourself to. Another option is the Busy B Budget Book or, if you’re on a budget, the Wilko Treasured budget planner.

You can also use planners like this to prepare upcoming trips. The journals aren’t for a set period of time, so one could last as long as you need. You can use it to plan trips throughout your life until you have run out of pages.

The notebook also comes with a pull out map and stickers, where you can mark where you’ve been

This Travel Planner by Michelia Creations has a space allowing you to plan and budget for a trip and write down any important information after it is booked, such as the flight information and where you are staying. It also has checklist spaces for things you need to do before you go, for example emptying any perishable items from the fridge, and things to check around the house before leaving, such as ensuring the windows are shut. It has a pre-filled in checklist of the basics and extra spaces for anything you need specific to that particular trip.

A second option for a Travel Planner is the one by Busy B. It also has spaces where you can note down things you would like to do and see whilst you’re there, and a space for any recommendations from friends. The notebook also comes with a pull out map and stickers, where you can mark where you’ve been.

If you like the idea of having a bullet journal to plan your tasks, but don’t like the idea of having to draw out all the boxes for the pages, Paperchase sell an organiser modelled on a bullet journal. It has all the weekly boxes drawn out for you, so all you need to do is write in the tasks you need to do each day.

This particular exercise journal focuses on running, where you can set yourself goals

There are also journals you can use to track your exercise progress if you are following a workout plan. One example is the Keep On Running fitness journal from Paperchase. This particular exercise journal focuses on running, where you can set yourself goals. It has weekly logs and spaces to review your month. You can also record contacts and race details.

You can, of course, use a standard 2019 diary if you find you lose track of what you’re supposed to be doing each day – including deadlines, your exams and which weeks you’re going to POP!.