Soccer Today/Diane Scavuzzo
Soccer Today/Diane Scavuzzo

Unbeaten Warwick Futsal 1s thrash UEA to continue solid start to the season

Warwick Futsal 1s beat the University of East Anglia 1s in an impressive victory last Sunday. Following an early Warwick goal, the early stages of the game were cagey, and neither team was able to exert their dominance and take a foothold of the match.

The superior determination and intensity of Warwick 1s showed

A UEA equaliser shortly before half time was a fair reflection of their performance thus far in the match, and the visitors should have gone into the lead in the last few seconds of the half. Some neat play set up a golden opportunity for the visitors, but from just two yards out, the UEA striker somehow managed to clip the ball over the crossbar. It was surely harder to miss than score, and this was a chance East Anglia were to rue.

Two goals in quick succession early in the second half for Warwick saw them exert their dominance on the game. The game opened up from this point onwards, with the tiring legs of UEA players resulting in rash challenges across the park, with several players subsequently put in the referee’s book.

An impressive victory for the unbeaten Warwick Futsal 1s

Despite UEA pulling a goal back against the run of play to give them a glimmer of hope of taking something away from the game, the superior determination and intensity of Warwick 1s showed, and three goals in quick succession from the hosts ensured a comfortable 6-2 victory.

UEA’s lack of enthusiasm, stemming from their failure to match the tempo and fortitude of Warwick, prevented them from taking anything from the game. An impressive victory for the unbeaten Warwick Futsal 1s.