Image: Steve Johnson/Unsplash

Warwick’s art and creative media societies – part 2

Art

Although art may not be an available degree programme at Warwick, we know there is creativity running throughout campus. We are here to harness that in each and every student, providing a platform for all things arty, whatever your ability. We run twice weekly life drawing sessions and various workshops each term including tie dye t-shirts, designing tote bags and coffee painting. There’s even tipsy art socials and trips to galleries across the country. Check out our Facebook page for more details and events!

Cesca Tray, Marketing Officer

BFT

Being a cinephile and Film student, the BFT Film Productions Society represented for me, especially in the first weeks of university, the perfect place to meet people with the same interests and passion for cinema. As a matter of fact, I made my first real friends there: going together to the workshops about filmmaking and also making short films together strengthened our bond. But what I loved and I still love the most about BFT is the fact that it enables me to put my passion for filmmaking into practice, helping me develop my projects, both formative and fun. I will never forget how cool it felt to take part for the first time in their Challenges (my personal favourite is the BFTen which I highly recommend), seeing my script being chosen, the film being made and winning some awards!

I’m looking forward to spending another amazing year as part of this incredible society and with the other members!

Bianca Giacalone, Social Secretary

Brick

Brick Soc gives you the opportunity to get creative every single week in Free Build Sessions. With around 200 Litres of LEGO at your disposal there are endless possibilities for what you could create: from castles and dragons to spaceships and robots, the only limit is your imagination. If you’re stuck for ideas, there are plenty of other ways to spark your creativity. Join in with competitive building games such as Bricktionary, build something for the weekly theme, or have a look in some of the LEGO Ideas books.

There are also Big Build projects in Terms 1 and 3 that everyone can get stuck into over a number of weeks to produce something really amazing. Term 2 plays host to the annual LEGOlympics where you can put your creative building skills to the test over a number of weekly challenges to earn as many points as you can in the overall competition.

Come and meet the society during Welcome Week on Thursday from 2pm in H0.58. Or come along to one of the weekly sessions on Wednesdays 4-6pm.

Happy Building!

Jake Saunders, President