University of Warwick Men's Cricket Club

Why you should join… Men’s Cricket

In this edition of the “Why you should join” series, we hear from the University of Warwick Men’s Cricket Club as they give you a number of reasons to be a part of their squad.

The University of Warwick Men’s Cricket Club is one of the largest clubs on campus, boasting over 150 active members. We offer cricket at all levels, catering all the way from those who have played at county and international level to those that have never played before! This year we have achieved performance sport status, pushing the performance side of the squad forward, striving towards promotion for all of our BUCS squads. We have 4 competitive BUCS sides who compete at an excellent standard of university cricket and a Development Squad who play a mixture of 40 over and 20 over games against other universities and local sides. Last year we won the coveted Club of the Year award at Sports Ball, showing the great success the club has had on and off the field.

The international tour is undoubtedly a once in a lifetime experience and one of the highlights of university

The club has both an international and domestic tour each year, with the international tour taking place during the Easter break and the domestic tour being held at the end of the academic year. This year our international tour destination is Sri Lanka! In 2018 we toured Barbados and in 2017 we toured South Africa. The international tour is undoubtedly a once in a lifetime experience and one of the highlights of university for many clubmen that have gone. Our tours are inclusive of all abilities and we highly encourage you to seize this opportunity. Domestic tour typically takes place over two locations. Recent domestic tour destinations include Manchester/Nottingham, Cardiff/Bristol and Leeds/Sheffield. ‘Dom tour’ is certainly a fun way to cap off the year at Warwick.

The social side of the club is equally strong. We have a weekly ‘circle’ in the Copper Rooms before Pop! every Wednesday. We also have nights out to clubs in the local area, events such as Bongo’s Bingo and joint socials with other clubs and societies. We host a termly club meal in Leamington and offer a variety of sober socials such as ten pin bowling and laser quest. Whether you are a drinker or a non-drinker, all are welcomed at our socials and we highly recommend that you come along!

Website

Facebook

Twitter