kstuttard/ Pixabay
kstuttard/ Pixabay

Premier League most likely to…

With the Premier League starting on 10 August, what is each team most likely to do in the upcoming season?

Arsenal- Most likely to attract viewers to fan YouTube channel through supporter rants

Arsenal fans are hoping for an exciting new era under new manager Unai Emery, but a turnaround in fortunes is likely to take time, despite some new signings.

AFC Bournemouth- Most likely to concede lots of goals

Bournemouth have conceded over 60 goals in every season they have been in the Premier League, which is likely to be repeated due to Eddie Howe’s attacking style of play.

Brighton & Hove Albion- Most likely to score own goals

Brighton had the misfortune of conceding 5 own goals in the 2017/18 Premier League, two more than anybody else managed.

Burnley- Most likely to do worse than last season

Burnley exceeded all expectations last season by finishing seventh, however the focus this season will be on a first European campaign for 51 years.

Cardiff City- Most likely to start a touchline fight

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock is infamous for his dressing room rants and had a heated exchange with Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo following their promotion clash in April.

Chelsea- Most likely to score headers

Chelsea topped the headers scored chart last season with 17, bolstered by the arrival of strikers Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud.

Crystal Palace- Most likely to start the season badly, appoint an experienced British Premier League manager, and finish comfortably in mid-table

See every Crystal Palace season since 2013 other than 2015/16: 2013/14 (Tony Pulis), 2014/15 (Neil Warnock/Alan Pardew), 2016/17 (Sam Allardyce), 2017/18 (Roy Hodgson).

Everton- Most likely to improve their away form

The Toffees did not win an away game until December last season and ended up with just 3 away wins in total.

Fulham- Most likely to attract away fans

The return of Fulham means the return of the only “neutral” section of a stadium in the Premier League, which will again be besieged by those unable to get their hands on an away ticket.

Huddersfield Town- Most likely to be relegated

Despite a strong start to last season, the Terriers only narrowly avoided relegation and face a tough battle to stay up this year with a strong set of promoted sides.

Leicester City- Most likely to sack their manager in September

Claude Puel kept the job by the skin of his teeth after a poor finish to the season, and a bad start will see him out of the door.

Liverpool- Most likely to score 4 goals against the champions and then draw at home to the bottom team

The Merseyside team became the first Premier League club to beat Manchester City last season, but also drew both games to bottom club West Brom.

Manchester City- Most likely to go unbeaten

Pep Guardiola’s side broke numerous records last season and have added Riyad Mahrez to their ranks.

Manchester United- Most likely to win the hearts of all football fans

Free-flowing, attacking football, encouraging to youngsters, and gracious in defeat; what isn’t there to love about Jose Mourinho?

Newcastle United- Most likely to be inconsistent

Despite a strong tenth place finish last season, Newcastle had runs of 3 or more consecutive wins or losses on 5 separate occasions.

Southampton- Most likely to lose a centre back in January

Southampton have lost a senior centre back in each of the last 4 seasons: 2014/15 (Lovren-Liverpool), 2015/16 (Alderweireld-Loan ended), 2016/17 (Fonte-West Ham), 2017/18 (van Dijk-Liverpool)

Tottenham Hotspur- Most likely to start slowly

Spurs had 9 players in the World Cup semi-finals who do not return to training until the last week of preseason, and do not move into their new stadium until 15 September.

Watford- Most likely to play non-homegrown players

Watford usually finish at the bottom end of tables showing the percentage of minutes played by homegrown players and their only major English signing this summer is Ben Foster, likely to be a backup goalkeeper.

West Ham United- Most likely to have the craziest fans

Discontent over results led to incredible scenes at the London Stadium in March during a 3-0 defeat to Burnley with several pitch invasions, including one man who placed a corner flag in the centre circle, taking place.

Wolverhampton Wanderers- Most likely to play someone from Portugal

Wolves have no less than 7 Portuguese members of their first team squad thanks to manager Nuno Espirito Santo.