Image: Warwick Business School
Image: Warwick Business School

Warwick Business School MBA makes top 10 in the world

The Executive MBA at WBS has been ranked in the top 10 by The Economist, making it second in the UK and fourth in Europe.

The Warwick Business School (WBS) full-time MBA has been ranked as the best in the UK and 18th in the world by The Financial Times and The Economist.

In terms of satisfaction, WBS was rated fifth best, with salary increasing after graduating and one year later both second in the world.

Commenting on this achievement, Andy Lockett, Dean and Professor of Entrepreneurship and Strategy, said: “This is a wonderful achievement and is testament to the hard work of our staff, students and graduates.

“We work hard to make sure our Executive MBA students have the best possible learning experience by bringing together world-class academics, Professors of Practice from industry and combining that with a truly diverse cohort that brings insights from a whole host of sectors and cultures.

“Bringing different nationalities and cultures together makes the Warwick MBA a global experience for our students and is why The Economist ranked our course sixth for diversity and number one for the number of industry sectors represented by students.

Our Executive MBA gives students every chance to fulfil their dreams and aspirations in their careers

– John Colley

“We invest a lot in our careers service to give Executive MBAs every possible opportunity to progress in their career and be able to apply their newly gained knowledge in their roles. This is reflected in WBS being rated number one in the UK for career development, third in Europe and sixth in the world.”

The success of the MBA at WBS is evinced by the school’s extension to WBS London at The Shard, whilst the Distance Learning MBA, involving two face-to-face weeks, can now be attended at the “city in the sky”.

John Colley, Associate Dean for the MBA, said: “Another strong performance in a global ranking reflects the increased investment we have put into the Executive MBA and the student experience.

“It is also very pleasing to do well in The Economist ranking as it is the most student-centric of all the MBA rankings because it surveys the current cohorts about their experience.

“We are continuing to improve both the modules we teach and the facilities we provide for students. Course content is continually updated with world-class research and thinking, while all our staff teaching on the course have PhDs.

“Our Executive MBA gives students every chance to fulfil their dreams and aspirations in their careers.”