Image: Oliver Bonas

An Oliver Bonas store is coming to Leamington Spa

British lifestyle retailer Oliver Bonas is set to open a store in Leamington Spa at the end of January.

It will be located on the Upper Parade, next to Barclays Bank and opposite the Royal Priors Shopping Centre. A Next store formerly occupied the building, until it shut down in May 2016.

Speaking to The Boar, an Oliver Bonas spokesperson revealed that the store will probably open officially on Saturday 27 January, however this has not yet been confirmed. He stated: “This is not set in stone.”

The first Oliver Bonas store was opened in London in 1993 by Oliver Tress and stocked products that Tress had found in trade shows. However, the company soon expanded and began to create its own products. Each store now offers a variety of clothing, jewellery, homeware, and gifts.

It will be located on the Upper Parade, next to Barclays Bank and opposite the Royal Priors Shopping Centre

There are currently 63 Oliver Bonas stores across the UK, including two in Birmingham. All stores offer a 10% discount to students who have a valid Student Beans ID.

Third-year Film and Literature student and fashion blogger Lilia Pavin-Franks believes that the store is suited to Leamington, commenting: “Oliver Bonas has been one of my favourite places to shop for years; it optimises my style and taste for home decor. Everything is just so aesthetically pleasing and chic, I absolutely love it. Oliver Bonas is the perfect combination of modern and classic styles which I think is brilliantly suited for Leamington Spa.”

Oliver Bonas is the perfect combination of modern and classic styles which I think is brilliantly suited for Leamington Spa

Second-year student Hanna Ward, who studies French with Theatre and currently lives in Leamington, is also excited about Oliver Bonas’ arrival in the town. She said: “It’s such a dainty little shop and differs greatly from the mainstream shops in the high street. I’m excited to see what accessories they have.”

She added: “They do lovely earrings.”

Furthermore, third-year English Literature student and blogger Lily Rose Pace expressed her excitement of having a local Oliver Bonas store: “I no longer need to go to Birmingham New Street to ogle at all things marble and copper.”