Image: University of Warwick Table Tennis Club

Why you should join…Table Tennis

Something for Everybody            

Anyone can play table tennis! Almost 130 people found a friendly home in Warwick Table Tennis Club (WTTC) last year playing this fun and fast-paced sport. We offer a fantastic community for having fun and meeting new people.

Whether you’ve never picked up a table tennis bat or have played competitively for years, there’s lots WTTC can offer you. We have six table tennis sessions a week, including casual play, matches, and tournaments both in the local area and throughout Britain. If you’re looking to get that winning edge we offer beginner and team training every week.

Competition

For those who fancy themselves a danger on the table, why not try out for one of the women’s or men’s teams and become part of one of the most successful competitive squads at Warwick. We offer the chance to play in the BUCS leagues, cups, and tournaments to represent Warwick at universities all over Britain. To keep you constantly improving and on your best game, teams have weekly training with a qualified coach.

More casual players who still want to show off their skills can take part in friendly games against local clubs throughout the year, and join one of two mixed teams in the Leamington League. And of course, if you just want to crush your friends, we have a range of regular club competitions.

Socials

WTTC have an array of socials, so there’s something for you, no matter what you’re into. This includes drinking socials like pub crawls, club nights, and circling, and non-drinking events such as bowling, club meals, trampolining, Awards Night, and Sports Ball.

Want More?

As well as all the above, there’s plenty more you can get involved in such as charity efforts, Piazza Table Tennis, and a volunteering project teaching children table tennis at a local secondary school.

If you’re tempted to give WTTC a go, come say hi at our stall at Sports Fair and during Welcome Week. The first two weeks at the club are completely free, so you can check it out at one of our taster sessions. Until then, if you want to see what we’re up to or have any questions, you can find us here:

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WarwickTTC/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WarwickTTC

• Johnny Coyle

Hi
    I’m looking for a club / team to join
    I’m 51 and of an average standard I guess. I need some help please…
    Kind regards
    Johnny