Image: University of Warwick Athletics & CC Club

Why you should join…Athletics

One of the biggest clubs on campus 

Last year we had over 230 members, so it’s fair to say that we’re one of the biggest sports clubs on campus. But don’t be put off by our size! We’re an extremely friendly, inclusive and sociable club – perfect for making lasting friends during your time at Warwick!

All abilities are welcome 

Whether you just want to keep fit, or you’d like to race competitively and take your training to the next level, we offer something for everyone. We have sessions ranging from bi-weekly circuits, jogging and development groups to specialised training for sprints, field events, middle and long distance.

So much more than running

We have a huge variety of regular social events throughout the year such as circling, termly Pub Jogs, domestic and foreign tour, and our Athletics Ball! As a club, we’re also very involved in the community and organise several fundraising events on campus for local charities including a 24-hour charity relay.

Competition

Last year we took 60 athletes to BUCS XC (many of whom had never tried cross country before joining the club) and had teams at BUCS indoor and outdoor track and field championships. We also organise an annual Warwick Relay event, attended by sports clubs at Warwick, other universities, and our alumni.

How can I join?

Come and meet the exec at our stall on the Piazza during Arrivals Weekend or find us at Sports Fair. We will also be running several taster sessions and Freshers socials during the first few weeks of term!

Check out our:

Website: www.warwickathletics.com/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/warwickathletics

Twitter: www.twitter.com/wuaxc

Instagram: www.instagram.com/wuaxc