Zeeman Building, Warwick University. Image: Flickr / Nicholas Smale

Warwick Graduates have been ranked in the top ten for highest earnings in over a dozen subjects

Warwick Graduates have been named among the top ten in the UK for highest overall earnings five years after graduation, for over a dozen subjects.

The results are based upon Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) which are datasets published by the UK government. Released on Tuesday 13 June, these results are the third in a series of higher education data releases from the Department of Education, which surveys a range of universities across the United Kingdom.

The dataset focuses on employment and earnings outcomes in the tax year 2014/2015 for those who graduated with an undergraduate degree from a higher education institution in Great Britain.

The data shows 23 subject categories, and is split by sex, subject studied and institution.

Warwick graduates are ranked in the top ten UK universities for highest earnings after five years in nine of the dataset’s subject areas. The subject areas each cover a number of different specialised degree courses within the title subject area.

The academic departments at Warwick that are part of the nine categories that appear in the top ten LEO ranking include: English, History, Philosophy, Life Sciences, Psychology, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, and Chemistry.

The report also includes the Warwick Business School (WBS), Warwick School of Law, Warwick Medical School, and the School of Modern Languages and Cultures.

This encouraging ranking comes shortly after the news that Warwick University slipped in the QS World University Rankings, from 51st place last year, to 57th place for 2018.

Nonetheless, this promising result for Warwick is based on a dataset and results that are still in their ‘early days’, as the figure is based only on a single cohort of graduates from 2008/ 2009.