Image: Joe Goldberg / Flickr

Why WarwickTV is the society to watch

WarwickTV’s co-station manager Ellie Campbell told us why it’s the society freshers should watch out for…

Like all of Warwick’s media societies, WarwickTV is at the heart of campus life.

This upcoming year is probably one of the biggest yet for WarwickTV as we have some new and exciting equipment, and our live broadcasts are bigger and better than ever. Live broadcasts are a big priority for the upcoming year, so there’ll be plenty of opportunities to get involved.

WTV’s coverage of Varsity and the Big Decision was a mammoth task to say the least, but being part of the live broadcast at the Ricoh Arena of the Rugby Union was phenomenal so I would urge Freshers to get involved!

Interviewing more acts and performers appearing in the Arts Centre is another big aim – it was fantastic to meet and interview Jose Gonzalez back in 2015 and it would be great for freshers to get similar opportunities.

I simply joined all of the Facebook groups, asked if I could help out on a short film, got trained on the cameras, and got on the U1 to Leamington. It was that easy.

When I joined Warwick three years ago I was amazed at how easy it was to get involved with WTV, get trained on the kit and get out filming. I simply joined all of the Facebook groups, asked if I could help out on a short film, got trained on the cameras, and got on the U1 to Leamington.It was that easy.

With half a dozen different departments, there is always so much to get involved in. This year will see the introduction of deputies for our various departments for the first time. This will make it much easier for Freshers to get involved not only with filming, but with the running of the society.

What makes WarwickTV stand out is that each year the society submits content to the NaSTAs (National Student Television Awards) so if you’d like to have the chance to win a national award for something that you produce, get in touch!

Joining WTV and being on exec is one of the most rewarding things that I have done in my three years at Warwick

Like with all societies, collaborations are a huge priority this year, in part through covering events, talks and conferences that other societies put on. Our live broadcast of PolSoc’s EU Referendum Debate last year was fantastic so it would be great to repeat such successes. CMD: Dance for Sport Relief and the Battle of the Bands Final also are big events that WTV would love to cover again too.

The society’s collaborations with The Boar and RaW are also sure to continue and expand this year with increased coverage of campus events.

Joining WTV and being on the exec is one of the most rewarding things I have done in my three years at Warwick so I could not recommend it enough!