Romeo: Ideal Date or Worst Nightmare?

Ideal Date

[dropcap]O[/dropcap]ne of the most renowned love stories is that of Romeo and Juliet, and without Romeo (and, granted, Shakespeare), none of it would be possible. Romeo’s spontaneity and courage allow him to approach Juliet. He might seem fickle but shows decisiveness when he does not abandon Juliet because of her family. It is obvious he is a hopeless romantic and willing to stay committed once he meets his true love, since he gives up his life for her.

Even after you’ve said goodbye, he would return to surprise you with a few lines of poetry

Romeo could be the ideal boyfriend because with him, you would never know what to expect. He would take you to exclusive parties (even if he wasn’t invited) and dance with you all night. Even after you’ve said goodbye, he would return to surprise you with a few lines of poetry. Finally, you would never have to be afraid of judgement, because he looks past all barriers for the sake of love.

Worst Nightmare

Romeo, lets be frank. It’s not me it’s you. Sure, I thought you were hot at that party but seriously, it’s been pretty much a disaster since then.

All I wanted was Netflix and Chill, not marriage and death!

General rules of dating are as follows:

1) Don’t kill my family members. Sure hate them, as they hate you – Montague or otherwise – for being the un-loveable rogue stealing their daughter away. But killing my cousin? Really?

2) Communication is key in a relationship. If you don’t talk to me then how do I know what’s going on? If you’d replied to my letters then maybe we wouldn’t be in this awful mess, with you dead and everything. Talk about being over dramatic. We’re only 14 and 16 years old!

All I wanted was Netflix and Chill, not marriage and death! Worst boyfriend ever, and the last I suppose. How can I live with myself now you’ve gone and done this?

Juliette Montague

Image Credits: angle forbes / Flickr (Header)