Every Warwick student's favourite night out - Photo: Aneesha Mahil

POP: The Album – relive those drunken Wednesday nights

Warwick Students’ Union’s most popular club night, POP!, is going to release an album in week eight of the Autumn term.

POP: The Album will be a collaborative effort working heavily with Warwick Raising and Giving (RAG), one of the largest charitable societies on campus.

Disco Dave, who entertains the Copper Rooms crowd every Wednesday, is set to feature on the album, although the details of this are only known to a select few.

There are even plans to continue this effort far into the future, with several volumes and a Christmas special in the pipeline.

POP-goers enjoying Disco Dave’s finest tunes – Photo: Aneesha Mahil

All proceeds will go to the mental health charity Mind. The charity was chosen by Warwick RAG in an effort to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing over the coming academic year.

Farrah Burke, Warwick RAG president, said: “Pop: The Album is such a unique opportunity to specifically cater for our university audience market while supporting a cause which so many students can be positively affected by.”

She continued: “We want to take a strong stance on mental health next year, and what bolder way to kick us off than this album. We see this really going the distance … Disco Dave even suggested a graduate edition.”

All parties involved are extremely excited by the prospect of this venture, Disco Dave said: “It’s been something that I’ve been thinking about for ages and I’m very honoured that it’s actually going to happen.

“I wanted to give my fans something back for all the love they give me but at the same time raise money for a good cause. I approached the lovely people from Warwick RAG with the idea and they were overjoyed about it. The album would not be possible if it wasn’t from their continuous support.”

Disco Dave even let the Boar in on a very closely guarded secret, revealing his favourite POP! song. He told the Boar: “I have many favourite POP! songs but the one that’s always stuck out for me is “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen. One of the greatest songs ever written and one that the fans at POP! adore singing.”