Photo: Matthew Black / Flickr

Graduate Rich List shows Business Schools produce top earning graduates

London Business School leads list of highest earning graduates on the Alumni Rich List followed by Oxford University while Warwick Business School (WBS) places third.

A study conducted by Emolument.com, revealed that graduates from London Business School earn on average £69,000 per year within five years of leaving university.

The London-based school topped the list, followed by Oxford University graduates who earned an average of £54,000. According to the research WBS graduates have takings of around £53,000.

Of the top five in the list, three were business schools with CASS Business School graduates coming fifth with an average.

On the other hand, both Oxford and Cambridge University graduates ranked highly. Students from the latter earned an average of £52,500. Warwick University placed 15 with graduates earning an average of £42,500.

The Rich List was published after the 15 January deadline for UCAS applications had just passed allowing students to make informed choices about which universities to apply to.

The University League Table provided by the Complete University Guide does not correlate entirely with Emolument’s Rich List. While University College London appears ninth in the list of top UK universities, it places 17th on the Alumni Rich List.

Similarly, Warwick University features seventh in the Complete University Guide but places 15th in the Rich List. Top entry grades at undergraduate level do not ensure the highest earning postgraduates.

Emma Liu, a former student at Heathfield School who is now taking a gap year said: “I will continue to look at the list of top universities compared to the Graduate Rich List.”

Roshan Chopra, first-year Modern Languages undergraduate said: “If I were applying to a Business School I would definitely consult the Rich List. League tables fluctuate from year to year and Warwick may have ranked higher for some subjects compared to others. It is still a good, Russell Group University.”

However, Georgia Smith, first-year History undergraduate said: “I personally think the Rich List will be beneficial, especially because of the huge amount of debt we accumulate at university. The list is very helpful.”

The survey carried about by Emolument.com presents data provided anonymously by over 35,000 professionals from a variety of professions, universities and courses.