Evan Lovely / Flickr

Happy days, expensive nights: disc golf

[dropcap]H[/dropcap]aving passed the halfway point of first term, the novelty of Leamington’s nightlife seems to be wearing off, not to mention burning a hole in your pockets. As a first year, you start to feel guilty that the only reason you ever venture out on the bus to Leamington is for a night out, and as a resident of Leam you begin to feel ashamed that you know so little about the daytime opportunities that your hometown offers you.

One of Leamington’s own little hidden gems exists in the form of Quarry Park Disc Golf, located on Old Milverton Lane and accessible via the U1 and U12 bus routes. For those of you who are new to the idea of Disc Golf, it is a mash-up sport where you play golf with a Frisbee and a basket for a target rather than a ball and clubs, complete with a scorecard and map as you aim for the lowest possible score.

At only £4 for a student-rate 18-hole round, or £6 for an entire day, this functions as a fantastic Sunday afternoon hobby, a large group social outing or perhaps somewhere to show your friends from home a good time when they are visiting.

quarrypark.co.uk

quarrypark.co.uk

There is no time like the present to make the most of this opportunity as winter draws closer and the park is only open until sunset.  With refreshments, the discs provided, only positive reviews on Trip Advisor, and six hectares of beautiful Warwickshire countryside to be had, it’s surprising that most of us won’t have heard about this place until now!

Disc Golf can appear to be very daunting, but the majority of people welcomed through Quarry Park Disc Golf’s doors are beginners, and this is why they offer introductory briefings for newcomers. It is advised that you telephone in advance if you are visiting in a large group, or if you are a beginner going at an off-peak time. It’s nothing too strenuous as far as sports go, but wrap up warm and sensibly as you may find yourself in nettle bushes or retrieving a disc from a river!

Visit the website for more information, and be sure to try this new exciting adventure out! quarrypark.co.uk