All Photos: Pixabay / PublicDomainPictures

Save vs Splurge: Foundations

Shajini Subhaskaran tries a budget-friendly and high end foundation, and here’s her verdict…

Save

No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

Ideal for a student budget, No7’s foundation proves you don’t need to dent your savings to look good. It is easily accessible in Boots, and with the No7 promotional vouchers that Boots seem to give all year round, it is an obvious bargain.
The quality of the foundation is adequate for its price, which on average, is £13. You won’t get that immaculate, silky glow after application and using concealer would probably help to try and achieve that. It would also be best to take the concealer with you, to avoid that inner panic when you see that spot, coming out of hiding, in the mirror reflection. On the whole, No7 is great for a casual night out but, for those perfectionists out there, this one isn’t for you.

Splurge 

M·A·C Select SPF 15 foundation

With a starting price at £21.50, MAC is definitely something a student would need to think about before purchasing. However, with its price, comes the high quality, that is, if you’re desiring that red carpet look. Along with that smooth skin look, there is a natural glow, enhancing the features, hiding even the darkest spot on your face. But beware, for although all your spots will be hidden on the night, the next day you will be welcoming a few more. MAC guarantees spots, but if you just need that one night of beauty, this is definitely one to buy.