24 Live Another Day Series Blog: 20.00-21.00

One thing that 24: Live Another Day has been successful at is raising the threat level week by week. The drone threat has been handled but there is now a bigger problem: episode ten saw the big revelation that the override device is capable of controlling drones and accessing numerous weapon systems, including nuclear submarines. Essentially, it can access the arsenal of many countries which, even by 24’s standards, is disastrous.

In this episode, after a chase scene, Bauer was able to take Navarro into custody at Liverpool Street Station, but not before the override device was given to Adrian Cross. Cross, then, ironically, double-crossed Navarro by leaving him stranded without a getaway car, leaving the mole to the mercy of Jack Bauer. Despite Jack’s best efforts, however, Cross gets away on the tube with Chloe in tow. Back at the CIA, it is revealed that is was Navarro who sold intelligence to the Chinese, and not Kate’s husband Adam who killed himself after even Kate believed that he was guilty.

24

Source: www.movietrailerreviews.net

Immunity isn’t on the table, but your hand is.

In true 24 fashion, Jack then goes to interrogate Navarro. At first, Navarro doesn’t talk and wants immunity, leading Bauer to utter a typical Jack line – “immunity isn’t on the table but your hand is” – and subsequently breaking Navarro’s hand. Later, however, the interrogation tactics prove more successful as Kate and Jack team up. Kate puts a gun to Navarro’s head, threatening to kill him, with Jack pulling a gun on Kate, in an attempt to stop her. The move was, of course, planned and Navarro gave up the tracking code for the override device.

For such a big programme such as 24 returning to TV, Live Another Day has kept the references to past seasons and familiar faces to a minimum, with the focus being the core four of Jack, Chloe, Audrey, and the President. Also, instead of bringing those old faces back, a real effort has been made to develop Kate, Mark, and Navarro into multi-faceted characters. In episode ten, however, one old face returned, one that many fans thought they’d never return. This plot twist came in the form of the return of Cheng Zhi (Tzi Ma), one of the show’s most notable villains who had Jack and Audrey tortured many years ago. The big reveal came when Chloe and Cross went back to the Open Cell base and found all of their colleagues dead. Cheng then entered, who was revealed to be the buyer for the override device. With the Chinese viewing Adrian as now useless, he was killed, but not before he told Chloe that her family’s death was actually an accident and that he kept it a secret so that she would stay working with him. After Chloe is forced into helping Cheng, the override device is now online with an order sent to a US submarine to fire upon a Chinese aircraft carrier. They fire, and an international crisis or a World War is seemingly imminent…

In episode ten, however, one old face returned, one that many fans thought they’d never return. This plot twist came in the form of the return of Cheng Zhi (Tzi Ma), one of the show’s most notable villains who had Jack and Audrey tortured many years ago.

244

Source: www.craveonline.com

The Chinese were not the only threatening powers in ‘8.00pm-9.00pm’ as the Russians also closed in on Jack. Following an argument with Audrey about Jack, Mark Boudreau gave the Russians a method of tracking Jack, causing a truck to plough into him and Kate with an ensuing shootout. Meanwhile, President Heller still plans to step down from office as Audrey tells him that Air Force One is on the tarmac, ready to leave. With the time jump still to come, could a return to the states be on the cards? It seems definitely plausible. This would also easily facilitate future seasons of 24 if Day 9 ended with Jack Bauer back on US soil. Again, this is in the hands of the writers but the cast and fans alike remain hopeful.

With Al-Harazi proved not to be Live Another Day’s super villain, the series has taken another turn with plenty of suspense and plot twists in what has proved to be a classic episode of 24. With two episodes left and a whole raft of possibilities opened up with the time jump still to come, the final episodes of 24: Live Another Day could prove to be the most explosive closers to a season yet.