Britain First: how hate groups are using Facebook to balloon

Facism and far-right ideology in general is undergoing something of a resurgence, according to the media. From the Golden Dawn in Greece to National Action, right here at Warwick, hate groups seem to be mushrooming. And yet online, one stands out. Britain First, a group which espouses specifically anti-Islamic ideology, is uniquely skilled when it comes to social media.

Social media allows Britain First to reach a whole new demographic by utilising Facebook to bring in a whole new generation of bigots, spurred on by the twisted and falsified headlines which often go viral. It’s easy to dismiss them as a fringe group, as one of the many purely out to shock, unchecked in the wilderness. And that was my opinion until a few days ago, when one of their stories popped up on my newsfeed. And sadly, this isn’t an isolated incident. Although I argued with a few, it proved futile. After all, how can you argue with stupidity?

They convince many that Britain is virtually about to adopt Sharia law, creating an ever-more poisonous society riddled with tension

Their presence online is one of the most worrying, as it allows them to quickly spread stories that are usually false, or place undue exaggeration on facts that are often merely incidental. While social media, like Twitter, can be used as a positive campaigning tool, Britain First represents the flip side of the social media coin.

8583949219_f55657573e_zThey convince many that Britain is virtually about to adopt Sharia law, creating an ever-more poisonous society riddled with tension. Much of its power exists thanks to Facebook, and without the on- line presence it enjoys it would surely disappear from national consciousness. Isn’t it all hate speech? Last time I checked, discriminating against a religious group wasn’t okay, but this is Facebook and they are notoriously slow to act.

Of course, that isn’t to say that people aren’t already moving against it. The fantastic “Britain Furst” group provides a satirical angle, mocking the people who support the original, and creating stories that are somehow even more ludicrous than those shared by the official group. As Mel Brooks has recently shown, humour is often the most effective way of neutralising repugnant people.

[divider] flikr.com/jasonhowie

[divider] flikr.com/marcopakoeningrat

• commandergreen

But LUCKILY THE DAY OF THE ROPE IS APPROACHING! Once the russian nationalists take the nuclear stockpile we will cleanse the world of all nonwhites. And then friends what a great world that will be, no more subhumans, no more ugly non-whites.

I have a dream, and that dream is the day of the rope

• Young white female university students support mass non-white immigration from “masculine” places like Africa and Muslim lands because they crave the excitement and danger that comes from being around strong and dominating men who are not afraid even to knock their women around. This is what young white women really desire, although they won’t admit it, because they try to tell themselves and others that they want “sensitive” men. In fact kind and gentle men are repellent to young white women.
    How else is it possible to explain the fact that young white women at universities are all in favour of the immigration into this country of people who come from violently patriarchal societies. This -the desire for excitement – is the only explanation that makes sense.
    A good example is the young woman who married the elder Tsarnaev brother and had his child. At college she was a cookie cutter liberal/lefty who supported all the usual “right on” causes. When a tough dominant Muslim from Chechnya came along she suddenly became a submissive little wife, and wore the Muslim outfit. If a nice young white man had ever paid her any attention then he would have been a creep and a perv and she would have called the police, but a Muslim mass murderer is just fine.

• F#@k you Nicholas, you queer. I remember that time you got caught sucking d!@k.

• Holocaust Love Story

“Hate group”

More of that Communist poisoning of discourse. They don’t agree with multiculturalism so they must all be hate-filled bigots.

All of this crime, violence, unhappiness is due not to us, but you people who have gone against human nature and forced everyone to live together in already overcrowded and volatile cities.

You people are the real evil.

• Sheik Yerbouti

Surely you know that you caused a blood pressure spike every time you said “you people” right?

Every white-hating leftist who bothered to read it is probably self-medicating Colorado style right about now.

And getting ready to barrage you with their opinions.

• You mean these hate groups are using Facebook to become obese and fat?

• Nobody is saying Asians or Africans will ever be minorities in their homelands
    Why are they saying White people will be a minority in EVERY White country by 2040?
    “Anti-racists” only enforce “Diversity” in White countries.
    Because “anti-racists” want a world without White children.
    It’s genocide
    Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-White.

• Sheik Yerbouti

Yes, it is very strange that celebrating the demise of white people is not called out for he blatant hatred that it is. If someone is hated just for being white, it’s called rac|sm.

But the very idea that we’re “rac|sts” if we don’t agree with being forced to integrate and now forced to be marginalized into obscurity, is sheer leftist madness. Why do so many white Americans accept this as their lot in life?

• Liberalism is a monumental failure and they have been in charge of the media for much too long. The media is the voice of leftist propaganda.

• sounds to me like Nicholas Buxey needs to be publically tortured for a year and then executed for treason against the British

• time to clean house.

• Jim Richardson

Calling all disagreement “Hate” is childish.

“Multiculturalism” is a program that is FORCED upon EVERY & ONLY White countries.
    “Multiculturalism” is a program to turn EVERY White country into a non-White country.
    This IS geNOcide. WHITE geNOcide.
    If you are White, and you object to your own geNOcide, you are called a RACIST!
    Well guess what, my people, White people, are catching on very quickly to the following two things:
    1 – Multiculturalism is a codeword for White geNOcide.
    2 – Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-White.
    /watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og

• Jody Dayton Peace

It’s not ‘hate’ to love your country, culture, and people. Islam espouses hate; it oppresses people and is violent, and it’s an alien culture to our shores. I have to wonder is the writer of this article a muslim or a cultural Marxist? Whoever it is, the writer is highly deceitful and twists reality 180 degrees. It reminds one of George Orwell’s 1984…

• So it is extremist and fascist to not want to be overwhelmed in your own indigenous country? Do you support the building of churches in Saudi Arabia and Europeans moving there and creating “no-go” zones in Riyadh? Hypocrite.

• Long Live Dixie

So it is extremist and fascist to not want to be overwhelmed in your own indigenous country?

Only if you’re white. Otherwise, it’s commendable.