Warwick graduate sets up “Meet My Tutor”

A new website called “Meet My Tutor” has been created by Deepak Shukla, a 2008 Warwick graduate.

The site allows parents to choose from over 10,000 registered tutors for their child. The tutors that are available range from university students to fully qualified teachers.

The creation of the site was motivated by the frustration parents felt toward the lack of choice of accessible tutors and to combat the need for tutors to rely on agencies to find them work.

Mr Shukla told the Boar about the websites benefit for Warwick students: “I hope Meet My Tutor will be a hit with students because it’s the fastest and most informative way to find a tutor.

“Of course it could also be the case that if you fancy tutoring yourself – it is also the quickest way to make some extra money on the side!”

Regarding his overall goal, Mr Shukla commented: “My aim with this start-up is to revolutionise the tuition process and make it more accessible to, well, everybody.”

First-year English Literature student Izzi Finn said of the site: “It would be a good thing for students to sign themselves up as a tutor since it always looks good on your CV.

“Whilst we do have support networks at Warwick, such as RLF fellows for English students, these are often in high demand, so maybe the one to one support that tutoring affords might be a good thing.”

However, Miss Finn added: “I’d be a little bit wary of the site myself, in that some of the tutors don’t have reviews so you might not actually be sure what you’re paying for.”

The site was founded in February 2013 and the number of tutors signing up is increasing rapidly.

• Kristin Dalton

I think this will positively help in alleviating the problem of finding a qualified tutor in your community. Bringing the tutors and Learning Center in one place is a great idea and I think we should appreciate Mr. Shkula for his kind creation.