Budding HIV cells. Photo: wikimedia commons

US doctors cure girl born with HIV

US doctors have made medical history this week by ‘functionally curing’ a baby girl born with HIV using a combination of three drugs. This is the first case of a cure to ever be documented and the second reported globally.

This idea of a ‘functional cure’ is where the presence of a virus was not detected using conventional tests after treatment, and where the patient does not require lifelong medication.

This pioneering treatment was carried out by Dr. Hannah Gay, from the University of Mississippi, who specialises in paediatric infectious diseases. The girl’s mother was unaware she was carrying the virus and consequently the baby was deemed to be high risk. As a result, the girl was started on antiretroviral medication just 30 hours after her birth, even before laboratory tests confirmed the infection. Antiretroviral drugs normally only able to suppress the HIV virus, however, use of the treatment was able to kill the infection in this case.

When the girl, who is now two-and-a-half, did not attend follow-up appointments and stopped receiving treatment for approximately five months, doctors highly anticipated that the virus would have returned at an exponential rate. However, the results were negative and in collaboration with Dr Katherine Luzuriaga and Deborah Persaud from Massachusetts Medical School and John Hopkins Children Centre respectively, the girl’s blood was retested, utilising more sensitive testing methods. These revealed that although trace amounts of the virus were present, the ability to replicate had been eradicated.

Doctors treating the girl believe that this potency and speed at which this treatment was delivered explains its success. Antiretroviral medication, in this case, prevented infection of the immune system which further prevented the infection of CD4 cells, which are long term white blood cells where HIV can remain latent for months or even years. This is why this type of treatment would be ineffective in older children and adults – the virus would already be highly established in these CD4 cells.

HIV in newborns is relatively rare in the West, with the presence of prenatal screening programmes ensuring that 98% of newborn children born to HIV-positive mothers do not carry the virus. These results are, however, highly promising for developing countries, as there are still many children born each year who test positive for HIV. By fully determining the mechanisms behind this cure, doctors will be in a better position to assist other high risk children.

These results were presented at a Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections in Atlanta but are yet to appear in published literature. This extraordinary accomplishment is highly encouraging and will continue to create excitement in the medical and scientific community as we continue to battle with this deadly virus.

• If anyone in this world believed in spell… it was not me. I was (Doubting Thomas) when it had to do with spells, magic, voodoo, and any of those sort, until I had an experiential encounter with a real herbalist. I was on a business trip to Africa which was sponsored by the company I work for. Business class ticket, five star hotel, a personal driver…all kind of luxury of that kind. I was to stay there for a week. On the second day of this trip, I taught I needed to get a girl to warm up my bed for the rest of the days I would be staying there. So, one faithful evening, I asked my driver to take me on a cruise. Into the streets we went and in less than 3mins, I found exactly what I needed. Before I could blink, she already was on my bed because of my luxurious lifestyle. This went on until I left Africa. I went back to the States and lived my normal life. After about 8 months, I fell very sick. Went to the hospital and… I am POSITIVE (HIV). Immediately, my mind flashed back to the girl in Africa because we always were having unprotected sex and I equally had seen ARV in her purse but she said she had just gone to collect it for her father. Foolishly, I never suspected anything. I immediately called this African girl and told her how she just had ended my life. She laughed and told me not to worry about it. I got very angry but she told me she had been cleansed off HIV. I could not believe what she was saying until she sent me a copy of her recently done test result. I begged her for the cure, and without hesitation, she told me about the herbalist that made her whole. I told her that I was going to do anything to get his contact, and immediately, she sent his email address (payospiritsshalospells AT yahoo DOT com) and I contacted him. In 3 days, I went back to the hospital to get a test done, just as the herbalist had said. Behold… The result… NEGATIVE. All you out there experiencing medical problems beyond scientific solutions, do run to Dr. Payo Shalo for rapid solutions… I no longer am (Doubting Thomas)…lol.

• patrick stella

My Name is Dickson Stella from ZAMBIA, i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who help me in my life. I was infected with HIV virus in the 2012,i went to many hospitals,churches for cure but there was no solution out, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that i cannot loose my life, I lost everything I have my husband run away from me and also took my children along because of my sickness. One day I was in the river side thinking the next step to take if it is to jump into the river so that I can loose my life totally or just think where I can go to get solution. so a lady walk to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to him telling her my stories, she told me that she can help me out that’s the reason she normally come here to help people so that thy can be cured because she was into this problem before, she introduce me to a doctor who cast spells on people and gave me he number and email so i called him and also email him. He told me all the things I need to provide and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening he called me and told me that i should go for medical check up, called Dr Cuba for your solutions now at
    drcubatemple@gmail.com add him on watsapp +2347038965900

• Dorothy Kimberly Thi

I was been suffering hard ship from HIV/AIDS since 9yrs now, and i happen to have 2 kids for my husband, and now we cannot proceed to have another kids all because of my disease and now i have do all what a human like i and my husband can do just to get my disease healed, i have went to several places to seek for help not even one person could ever help, until i melt a comment on the daily news paper that was commented by Miss Marilyn about how this powerful traditional doctor help her get cured of the disease (HIV-AIDS) ” my fellow beloved” i firstly taught having a help from a spiritual traditional healer was a wrong idea, but i think of these, will i continue to stress on these disease all day when i have someone to help me save my life?” so i gather all my faiths and put in all interest to contact him through his Email address at dr.okwyilspelltemple@gmail.com , so after i have mailed him of helping get my disease cured, i respond to me fast as possible that i should not be afraid, that he is a truthful and powerful doctor which i firstly claimed him to be. So after all set has been done, he promise me that i will be healed but on a condition that i provide him some items and obeyed all his oracle said. I did all by accepting his oracle fact and only to see that the following week Dr Okwyzil, mail me on my mail box that my work is successfully done with his powers, i was first shocked and later arise to be the happiest woman on earth after i have concluded my final test on the hospital by my doctor that i am now HIV- Negative. My papers for check are with me and now i am happy and glad for his miraculous help and power.With these i must to everyone who might seek for any help, either for HIV cure or much more to contact him now at these following email now,Email: dr.okwyilspelltemple@gmail.com ” sir thank you so much for your immediate cure of my disease, i must say for curing my disease, i owe you in return. Thanks and be blessed sir.My name is hope His Email address is:dr.okwyilspelltemple@gmail.com . or dr.okwyilspelltemple@hotmail.com you can contact his phone number+2349030387805 or +2348130184704 call,GOD BEBBG YOU SIR

• Dorothy Kimberly Thi

• Tyler J Nicholas

I am here to thank Dr Okwyzil,, the powerful spell caster that rescue me from HIV AIDS. I was diagnosed of this disease in the year 20145,and because of this, i was very unhappy with my life, and i went into research on how i can get cured, i contacted alot of spell casters and none of them could help me rather than scammed me and took away my money without helping me. All this period of my life, i was sad and unhappy so one day as i was in the internet a decided to sign in a friend focebook, only for me to see was a testimony of a lady on how she was helped by Dr Okwyzil,, so i was confused to contact him at the moment because i didn’t want to be scammed again but after one week, i decided to contact him, so when i contacted him, he assure me that he will help me and i told him that many spell casters has also told me this but they all scammed me, he told me not to worry that he is going to help me, So i believe in him because all i wanted was to be cured, so he prepared a healing spell for me and told me to wait for just 2day , i went to the hospital for test and to me happiness the test stated that i was cured from the disease.. This gladdens my heart and everybody in the hospital was surprised even the Medical Doctor, So viewers Dr Okwyzil,, is a God Gifted man and can help you to cure all types of sickness like HIV AIDS, CANCER, PILE, KIDNEY PROBLEM, SYPHILIS, DIABETES and lot’s more. You can contact him through his email on dr.okwyilspelltemple@gmail.com or dr.okwyilspelltemple@hotmail.com . For more details you call reach me on my:+2349030387805

• Tyler J Nicholas

I was been suffering hard ship from HIV/AIDS since 9yrs now, and i happen to have 2 kids for my husband, and now we cannot proceed to have another kids all because of my disease and now i have do all what a human like i and my husband can do just to get my disease healed, i have went to several places to seek for help not even one person could ever help, until i melt a comment on the daily news paper that was commented by Miss Marilyn about how this powerful traditional doctor help her get cured of the disease (HIV-AIDS) ” my fellow beloved” i firstly taught having a help from a spiritual traditional healer was a wrong idea, but i think of these, will i continue to stress on these disease all day when i have someone to help me save my life?” so i gather all my faiths and put in all interest to contact him through his Email address at dr.okwyilspelltemple@gmail.com , so after i have mailed him of helping get my disease cured, i respond to me fast as possible that i should not be afraid, that he is a truthful and powerful doctor which i firstly claimed him to be. So after all set has been done, he promise me that i will be healed but on a condition that i provide him some items and obeyed all his oracle said. I did all by accepting his oracle fact and only to see that the following week Dr Okwyzil, mail me on my mail box that my work is successfully done with his powers, i was first shocked and later arise to be the happiest woman on earth after i have concluded my final test on the hospital by my doctor that i am now HIV- Negative. My papers for check are with me and now i am happy and glad for his miraculous help and power.With these i must to everyone who might seek for any help, either for HIV cure or much more to contact him now at these following email now,Email: dr.okwyilspelltemple@gmail.com ” sir thank you so much for your immediate cure of my disease, i must say for curing my disease, i owe you in return. Thanks and be blessed sir.My name is hope His Email address is:dr.okwyilspelltemple@gmail.com . or dr.okwyilspelltemple@hotmail.com you can contact his phone number+2349030387805…

• dr ekpen

before people said there is no cure on HIV/AIDS but today many people have now believe that there is a cure. HIV/AIDS can be cured through Africans root and harms,and days our great doctors have finally found the cure of HIV/AIDS, many have get cured with the help of a great spell caster known as ekpen he is the one of the great spell doctor in Africa and he has the cure on this disease HIV/AIDS. last month he share is Haber medicine in some medical hospital and now he is well recognize as one of the best spell caster in Africa, you don’t have to be sad any more or share your tears any more on this disease when the cure have already be found. in 2013 the total number of people living with HIV/AIDS was 12.9 million but today the total number is 1.6 million if you want to get in touch with him in private contact him on this e-mail below: drekpenspelltemple@gmail.com good luck

• I want to say hello to the world at large, I am very grateful for the good deeds DR.OKORUNDO did for me, I was a HIV patient, everything went bad for me, I couldn’t do things with my friends anymore, I loosed my job, I loosed everything, I was even waiting for death itself, I went searching on the internet I saw many testimonies on how different spell casters helped people in curing their deadly diseases, I collected one spell caster’s email, which DR.OKORUNDO I emailed him and he answered me, I told him all problems, he ask me not to worry, that I will be free from the deadly disease, which I did, he casted the spell, and told me that he will send a holy water to me through courier services, I was surprised, because he did not mention it to me before, I paid for the courier delivery service, I got a holy water, he asked me to drink it which I did and he asked me to go for a medical check-up in a hospital, I went to the hospital I went for a HIV test, I was tested HIV negative, I was shocked, I asked myself, “is there still good helpers out there”? I promised to share my testimony to the whole world, I’m now free, I have a better job, if you are passing through pains you need help you can share your problems to DR.OKORUNDO through DR.OKORIUNDO@HOTMAIL.COM

• Hello” thank God for the wonderful healing spell power which Dr Camala render to my life which oracle support, i was been diagnosed with HIV-AIDS over 7years now which has lead me to unemployment and loosing my relationship with my fiance after he heard that i am suffering from the VIRUS, i tried begging him to allow me stays with him, but he still insist on letting me out of his home, until a friend of mine on Facebook from SOUTH AFRICA told me more about Dr Camala the great healer, that he is going to help restore and healed my diseased with his powerful healing spell, she send me of Dr Camala email address and i quickly contacted him, and he replied to after 30mins of my message that my disease is a little and minor disease, that he will solved the disease immediately only if i can accept all he requested from, i told him yes, because truly i know that ” HIV-AIDS IS A WICKED AND DEADLY DISEASE I EVER KNOWS “. so i did all he want from me and surprisingly on Friday last week Dr Camala called me that my problems is solved that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly really did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now NEGATIVE AND NOT LONG +, I jump up and was crying heavily because truly the disease drive alot of things away from my life, my friends, my cousin, my fiance and relatives, but now since i was confirm NEGATIVE- my lost friends and fiance has been back to me begging for forgiveness, i have forgiven them and now we are now best of friend. again i will say to Dr Camala that he is blessed and may the almighty God which i serve raise him and his family to the higher level in life. Thank and god bless. Please email Dr Camala for healing and solution now at = dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or visit him at http://diseasecure.webs.com

• perez sandra

How can I explain this to the world that
    there is a man who can cure HIV/aids I
    was HIV over since 7year I have being
    into HIV drug I can’t anymore I decide
    to look for help then I found this
    woman post write about this great man
    DR.ezomo telling people about him that
    this man have cured to HIV I don’t
    believe that because all I have in mind
    is HIV had no cure, thank god for my
    life today am HIV negative through the
    power of DR.ezomo I contacted this
    man for help because who write about
    him drop an email of the man I pick the
    email and emailed him for the cure this
    man told me what to do about the cure
    well am from uk this man cast a curing
    spell on me and he told me that he will
    call me after the cure is done truly he
    did I was cured for 45mins spell what a
    wonderful man this DR.ezomo if you
    need his cured just email him now at
    drezomospellhome@gmail.com or
    contact me at
    perezsandra491@gmail.com

• Dr Okoh God will continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you are doing in peoples life, I will keep on writing good and posting testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Susan moore from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I was tested HIV positive, I saw a blog on how Dr Okoh cured people, i did not believe but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him and also got my healing, i am so happy. If you have any problem or you are also infected with any disease, kindly contact him now with his Email: dr.okohspellhome@gmail.com or call him on +2348110745051

• (drezomospellhome@gmail.com).D R ezomo is the only Dr who

could ever get my

HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, I have tried almost

everything but I

couldn’t find any solution on my disease, despite all these

happening to

me, I always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and

taking some

several medications but no relieve, until one day I was just

browsing on

the internet when I come across a great post of! Michelle! who

truly said

that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very

week through

the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime I

really

wonder why people called him DR ezomospellhome I never knew

it was all

because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing

that is

causing all this. so I quickly contacted him, and he ask me some

few

questions and he said a thing I will never forget that anyone who

contacted

him is! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after

doing all

he ask you, so I was amazed all the time I heard that from him,

so I did

all things only to see that at the very day which he said I will be

healed,

all the strength that has left me before rush back and I becomes

very

strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of

me, so

I went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the

doctor

said I am HIV negative, I am very amazed and happy about the

healing Dr

ezomospellhome gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you

can email,.

him now for your own healing too at

drezomospellhome@gmail.com

• Sarah Deanfneil

What a great man, a great thanks to DR.OKOROM the man that bring me out of this sorrow this is the man that can as well help the world, on this diseases I can remember 5 year ago when I was searching for cure, and how I have spent much money and I finally lost hope due to my conduction I have to put my hope on god, lucky to me last week here I was on the internet, check on how many year I can spent on earth them I see a comment about this great man DR.OKOROM what a lucky day for me and today am giving my testimony about him I have never believe there is cure at all, but this man just want me to give him a try, if he cannot do it I will know his is not DR.OKOROM that he have been doing this cure for more than many year now I put my hope on him and also my dear god but today am very happy to give this story to you all, it all happen when I was 23 year well because of this disease I can get married and very happy today am now negative I can get married now to my follow people that is on my shoes this the good way to say bye to this diseases HIV/AIDS contact this man now dr.okoromspellhome@live.com.and i pray that he will help you also.All thanks to DR.okorom, you can contact me on.deanfneilsarah@gmail.com