Suits Comes Up Trumps Again

As the second season of slick, legal drama Suits draws to an end, fans are left feeling exhilarated and impressed by what has been a show-stopping nine episodes. Whilst the first season was successful in setting the characters up and creating interesting, fast-paced storylines, the second season has absolutely outdone the former in terms of drama, emotion and humour, while keeping the clever and complex plots underlying each episode.
I can safely speak on behalf of the series’ fans when I say that tonight’s season finale will have us on the edges of our seats, with eyes glued to the screen: will Jessica beat the scheming Daniel Hardman? Will Mike and Rachel finally get together? And where do Louis’ loyalties lie? Whatever the answers to these burning questions, rest assured that the episode will be a stormer; and to toast the end of season 2, read through and reminisce on the season’s highlights. Enjoy!

– Mike and Jessica’s Meal

After Harvey convinced Mike that Jessica had invited him for an intimate meal because she saw potential in him as a future senior partner (NOT because his ex-best friend had revealed that he had lied about his law degree) Mike cheerfully lied to Jessica about his ‘time at Harvard’ whilst the audience cringed at his epic mistake.

– The Mock Trial

The moment when Louis interrogated Donna and asked her repeatedly whether she was in love with Harvey shocked everyone watching. We had previously thought Donna and Harvey had a purely platonic friendship, but what happened in their past? Could this explain why she so knowingly told Mike that feelings for a colleague “go away… eventually” when he asked her for relationship advice? Either way, the raw emotions depicted in this scene certainly sent shivers down my spine.

– Louis’ obsession with his Dictaphone

What better way to boost your ego than to hear your rival telling you, “You’re the man” time after time again? Louis once again had the viewers in hysterics after he recorded Harvey saying this on his sneaky voice recorder and played it back to himself an almighty TEN times! Comedy gold.

– Mike and Rachel’s kiss

When Mike doesn’t respond to Rachel’s ‘drunk dial’ in which she confessed that she ‘can’t stop thinking’ about their kiss, she feels humiliated and tries to dodge past him in the corridor. However, luckily Mike had finally listened to her message, and responded with a message of his own – a passionate kiss! Go team Ross-Zane!

– Louis’ Skype call with his parents

Who wasn’t in stiches at Louis’s Skype conversation with his parents, in which they revealed that he calls Harvey his best friend, told him senior partner made him sound like an old man and moaned at him for not having a ‘Mrs Litt’? And if you were impressed with the family resemblance – that’s because the actors playing Louis parents were Rick Hoffman (Louis)’s actual parents…Clever huh?

– Harold’s allergic reaction to ‘Bruno’

Poor Harold. As if the bumbling associate’s street cred wasn’t bad enough, he is then forced to look after Louis’ beloved cat ‘Bruno’, which sends him into an allergic reaction. With red blotches covering his face, Harold cannot stop sneezing to then harshly be told by Louis that “allergies are a sign of weakness”.

– Louis and Rachel’s blossoming friendship

This was really quite endearing. On the day that Louis’ treasured cat (and best friend) died, Rachel thoughtfully tried to cheer him up by giving him a signed tennis ball from one of Mike’s clients. The pair later ran into each other at the ballet and bonded over their shared interest, deciding to sit together for the rest of the performance.

– Donna and Mike’s steamy session in the file room

When Harold goes looking for a stapler to try and impress Rachel (what a joke) he did not expect to find a guilty looking, tousled haired Donna and Mike in a very compromising position amongst the files. The embarrassed look on Harold’s face when Donna asked him to come back another time was priceless.

– The moment when Jessica beats Daniel Hardman…

Only time will tell!